Position: Senior Project Officer
Level: Mid Level
Employer: JATU Public Limited Company
Location : Dodoma
Term of Employment: Full time
JATU PLC is a public company envisioned to be the leading and preferred Company focused on enhancing Nutrition, Food Security and Eradication of Poverty in Africa through the chain of value encompassing Agriculture, Industries, Markets and Loans. It has its headquarters in Dar es Salaam and several Branches upcountry.
The Company is looking for a competent candidate to fill the vacancy of the Senior Project Officer for Agricultural Transformation. The candidate is expected to conduct research on New Agricultural Projects, asses their viability and prepare a well detailed write-up of such Projects before their execution.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, pilots, and scales initiatives and programs that strengthen the JATU’s innovation ecosystem and increase competitiveness in focus industries; these efforts may include: contributing to the development of sector and issue-focused strategies and programs, identifying and engaging key companies and broader stakeholders, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, defining program implementation plans, impact metrics, budgets, etc.
- Develops industry expertise for the Company through project-based research and analysis; these efforts may include: tracking industry trends at the regional, and national level, identifying which key industry issues which the Company could make interventions. to resolve, providing industry and policy updates to JATU members and stakeholders
- Works with Sector Leads to manage relationships with key industry stakeholders and acts as an industry-development advocate
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates a leadership and ownership mindset within the Company and partner with other Project Officers, including suggesting new ideas for how to improve the division
- Supports the development and achievement of Company goals; reviews and evaluates own performance against key metrics
- Helps to institutionalize best practices; defines and implements needed systems and policies.
- Supports on other Company strategic initiatives as necessary
- Performs duties to the highest standards of ethics and professionalism
- Promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative, and customer- focused work environment among division, JATU staff, and external customers.
- Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Problem solving and communication
- Demonstrated proficiency in creative and analytical problem solving, including structuring issues, framing solutions, and executing complex analyses with limited errors and oversight
- Strong ability to synthesize findings and propose actionable solutions
- Strong written (presentation, memos, and emails) and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work on small project teams tackling complex and challenging work
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; proficient in grammar, spelling and editing; and foster communications with business professionals and JATU staff.
ii. Ability to build industry expertise
- Ability to engage credibly and thoughtfully in conversations with industry and government leaders
- Comfortable engaging in the technical detail of an industry and related supply chain development
- Knowledge and understanding of economic development, sector development approaches, innovation-focused development, and public policy and governance
- Ability to quickly master an understanding of JATU’s existing programs and services
iii. Entrepreneurial leadership
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and self-lead own work planning and execution with a strong results orientation
- Ability to prioritize workload, must be highly organized, detail-oriented, handle various tasks simultaneously and work independently within limited time constraints with little supervision
- Exceptional history of strong performance and consistent high-quality delivery on commitments
- Ability to adapt to changes in work environment and manage competing demands
iv. Customer orientation
- Ability to build strong relationships and contacts within the industry
- Track record of consistently meeting private sector customer service-level expectations
- Ability to maintain client and government confidentiality
v. Management mindset
- History of sound decision making and ability to understand implications of decisions
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including ability to influence and engage team leaders and peers
- Ability to work in a respectful manner that promotes teamwork, communication, and a customer-focused ethos
- History of respectful behavior and promoting teamwork and communication
- Strong ethical orientation, including exercising sound financial stewardship
- Commitment to and passion for JATU’s mission and inspires a sense of shared purpose
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software packages
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma preferably in a relevant field such as business, Project Management finance, policy, planning, Agriculture, or environmental studies.
- Three years of industry-facing experience in project management or related field or in a fast-paced, project-based professional services environment that emphasizes team work, problem solving, and communication (e.g., management consulting, investment banking, legal field, large-scale project management, renewable energy project development etc.)
- Experience in program development, public policy development and basic financial principles.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as needed
- As necessary to events, meetings, businesses, etc.
Certificates and Licenses Required
- Valid driver’s license
How to Apply:
The incumbent should submit their applications including cover letter and CV or resume to email@example.com on or before 18th April, 2020.
BONYEZA LINK HAPO CHINI KUDOWNLOAD PDF
“JATU – Jenga Afya Tokomeza Umasikini”